Graduate / Trainee Accountant
Dublin West - Permanent
Start Date: July 2017
My client is seeking to appoint a Graduate / Trainee Accountant on a permanent basis.
A degree qualification in Accounting and Finance would be a distinct advantage
Experience using SAP would be a distinct advantage
- Assist with the review and completion of monthly margin reconciliation
- Assist with the completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- To work with the Controlling department to resolve and clear reconciling items and process adjustments in a timely fashion
- Support in the preparation of the external audit
- Support all month end general accounting activities & overhead cost analysis. Ensure that month-end file, journal preparation and back-up is best-in-class.
- Preparation of KPI reports aligned to the business needs to include costs/productivity analysis
- Assist the Accountant with Internal Audit and Process Integration on the identification of and resolution of control issues and process improvements
- Assist in the issuing of monthly Distribution charges and monthly reclaims to include but not limited to the close out of any queries arising from same. This will involve working with the Accountants and Key Account Management team.
- Other tasks and projects as they arise within the team
- Entry level Accountant with a minimum of a degree qualification in Accountancy or Finance with a view to completing a Professional Qualification in Accountancy
- Ability to work with significant volumes of data to investigate and arrive at a point which allows an information based decision to be made
- Ability to work on their own to deliver results within a short period of time
- Dealing with 3rd parties where necessary to resolve issues identified in reconciliations.
- Previous experience of preparing accounts using SAP or other similar accounting systems
- Ability to work effectively under time pressures
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels in a large organisation, inside and outside of the finance function
- Very strong communication skills to deal on a regular basis with staff at all levels of the organisation and in all functions, in particular when working closely with non-financial employees
- Proven ability to operate as part of a multi-functional team.
- Strong planning and organising skills
- A proven track record of delivering high quality customer support
- Ability to work effectively under time and delivery pressures
- Ability to influence without authority cross-functionally within the business
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan