- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of multiple US GAAP & Local GAAP balance sheets and profit & loss accounts.
- Management of multiple month end close activities, including coordinating variance reviews with team members to validate the accuracy of reporting at a high level.
- Review of the work of more junior team members, including during month end, review of journals prepared & submitted by more junior team members.
- Review of black-line reconciliations prepared by team members to the standard required by Enterprise Wide Accounting Policies & Procedures Manual and review of desk level procedures.
- Coordinating the preparation of actions plans / documenting issues of concern for areas of responsibility and working collaboratively with more senior management to bring them to conclusion.
- Leading and supporting the reporting to GAC management on transition activities, including being a core point of contact for country management throughout the progression of the transition and thereafter.
- Reviewing Desk Level Procedures (‘DLPs’) for transitioned & existing work to ensure that our documentation of our processes and procedures is of a sufficient standard to support business continuity objectives.
- Active involvement in completing STAR (Statutory Accounting & Reporting) requirements.
- Preparation & completion of initial review of quarterly one source tax provisions (‘OTP’) calculations within the OTP system & return to provision submissions within the OTP system.
- Significant involvement in supporting multiple statutory audits. For example:
- Ability to review drafts of financial statements
- Ability to manage multiple audit requirement listings for US GAAP & Local ledger(s) of responsibility, ensuring allitems on the listing are prepared on time & to the required standard for the purposes of the external audit.Escalating for support as required
- Ensuring GAC initiatives are implemented, for example those driven by the Dublin Self Audit team or Dublin GAC training team.
- Driver of best practices & efficiency across the GAC in terms of bringing forward approaches to support specific work streams.
- People management activities, i.e. monitoring attendance, productivity, performance, completing head to head meetings with team members to review assigned tasks & performance. Supporting supervisors in completing annual performance assessments & career development discussions. Planning & coordinating agenda for team meetings.
- Ability to evaluate ledger compliance with US GAAP & Local GAAP methods including assessing unusual issues or complex matters.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in accounting
- 3-5 years work experience in a general ledger or related accounting function
- Qualified in a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA – MASTERS LEVEL Professional Qualifications) preferred.
- US GAAP experience/shared service environment preferred
- Strong communication skills including excellent written communication
For more information contact Deirdre McCarthy on 045 988500